Olympia Casting Studio
Terms & Conditions of Sale and Services.
Definition of Terms
‘‘we, us, our’’ refers to Olympia Casting Studio
‘‘you, your’’ refers to the person who uses any of our services, website, content, intellectual property or products. ‘‘our website’’ refers to www.olympiacasting.co.uk
‘‘product/s’’ refers to any materials or other products or services purchased from us.
When booking a life cast slot at Olympia Casting studio, a £50 deposit by cash, BACS, PayPal or Debit/Credit Card payment is required in advance of the appointment date to secure the booking, and the balance is payable in one final payment on the day of casting. Payments can be made by cash, BACS, PayPal or Debit/Credit card. For BACS account details please email.
Please note payments made via BACS need to show in our account before your casting commences, we advise that if this is your preferred payment method that you start the payment the day prior, to avoid a possible cancellation
The deposit is non-refundable in the event of absolute cancellation, but if you need to change the date or time of your appointment or transfer the balance towards a different kind of casting then this is usually acceptable as long as you let us know as soon as possible. Where late bookings are agreed and there has not been time to pay a deposit in advance of the booking, the agreed deposit is still payable (owed) in the event of late cancellation or failure to turn up for an appointment, to cover time, material costs and other miscellaneous expenses incurred by Olympia Casting Studio unless another client takes your booking slot and/or the life caster agrees to waive this fee at their discretion.
All products are listed in prices for GBP £ Sterling. We reserve the right to change the prices listed for products or postage at any time. Promotions and discounts are limited to stock availability to each item.
Any quoted prices by email or telephone are valid for 24 hours.
The completion date of commissioned items will vary depending on the piece, time of material cure, complexity, and time of year. We advise people to book at least 10-16 weeks ahead of any firm deadline such as a birthday or Christmas to avoid disappointment. Although we will always endeavour to meet your requested date by any means possible, Olympia Casting Studio cannot be held liable for any lateness caused by illness, acts of God, or other unavoidable events or crisis. Our clients’ happiness and satisfaction is of paramount importance, however, so any agreed deadline will be taken extremely seriously.
Where feedback, information or items are needed from the client in order to complete the job, this must be provided in a timely manner in order for deadlines to be hit. Please make sure you keep us up to date with any changes of address, telephone numbers or email addresses so that communication isn’t interrupted in a way that may affect the completion of your bespoke artwork.
Cancellation & Returns
All private commissions are a bespoke service and therefore cancellation at any stage will result in the client forfeiting their deposit to cover material expenses and the life caster’s time. Returns are only accepted if there is a significant flaw, in which case we will of course offer to repair the flaw and if that proves unsatisfactory, repeat the cast if possible or offer a full or partial refund depending on circumstances. (Please note that minor flaws such as air bubbles or variations in colour of materials are a natural part of life casting and will not be regarded as legitimate reasons for return).
As soon as your castings are ready for collection, Olympia Casting Studio will let you know either by email and/or the phone numbers supplied by you at the time of booking. Please make sure we have your up to date contact details. To keep the studio clear, and protect sculptures from getting damaged, we would like you to arrange to collect your finished pieces as soon as possible after notification – ideally within one week of being notified of completion. If you cannot come within one week, please let us know and we will usually be happy to store your sculpture for you free of charge by arrangement for up to three weeks after notification of its completion. After three weeks we will arrange for your piece to be put into external storage for its own protection, for which a charge will be made of 10% of the item’s value per month or partial month in storage to cover costs and insurance. If the item remains uncollected after one year (and if the item has not been completely paid for including any storage fees owed) it becomes the sole property of Olympia Casting Studio and the original deposit and any payments made towards it are forfeited by the client.
Redeeming Gift Vouchers
Gift vouchers can be exchanged for casting services only.
Vouchers are usually valid for six months from time of purchase, so please check the date on the back of your voucher to make sure you don’t forget to use it while it is valid.
Please note that appointments can get booked up many weeks in advance and Saturday appointments are in particularly high demand so you are strongly advised to use your voucher to book an appointment well in advance of the expiry date and to book in your date at least one month before expiry, longer for Saturday appointments. No refund will be given for unused/out of date vouchers.
Care and Repair of Life casts
We are more than happy to advise on the care, storage and transportation of your life cast sculptures at any time, although liability for their care transfers to you the client upon collection.
If casts are dropped or damaged, we are more than happy to advise on repair by yourselves, or you can ask us for a quotation to repair it for you.
Privacy and Your Information
Information you provide to us for placing an order or discussing a commission or potential commission is only kept for a limited period in relation to your order(s) and will not be forwarded or shared with any third party.
When accessing web pages on the Website, code within our website infrastructure may log your IP address, access URL, time of access, geographic location, browser type, and referral URL in order to provide us with internal information regarding site traffic statistics. This information is never linked back to any personal information.
Your Health & Safety
At Olympia Casting Studio, we take your health and safety very seriously. We always fully explain the life casting process before you are cast, but if you would like to know the full detail of the process before attending your appointment please get in contact any time and we will be happy to talk you through it.
Different casting methods carry different risks and challenges, we will do our best to minimise any risk of injury or discomfort to our models/clients while they are in our care. However, it is important for clients to recognise the (very few) safety and comfort issues with life casting before agreeing to take part. This includes but is not limited to:-
* The life casting process involves hands-on touching of the area being cast. This will be done with the utmost respect and care by the life caster, wearing latex free gloves.
* The life casting process can involve feeling varying temperatures (this might include cold casting gel for larger body parts or warm plaster bandage for other types of casting). At no point should it get uncomfortably hot nor would you be in danger from burns.
* The life casting process involves substances being applied directly to your skin. Very often we will ask you to apply a layer of baby oil or other barrier cream before we begin the casting session, but on occasion there will be direct skin contact with other casting materials. These substances include a seaweed-based casting gel, which is a medical-grade product used commonly by dentists and in hospitals – very safe and gentle on the skin and even safe to eat (although with infants there is a choking risk so all adults present must keep close eye on any children in the casting room to make sure they are not eating the art materials!); they also include plaster bandage although this will only ever be applied over the casting gel.
* The life casting process for larger body areas may include getting cramp or feeling stiff from holding the pose for a while.
* Removal of any casting material from the body may result in temporary redness of the skin which should fade naturally within 5-10 minutes.
* Removal of any casting material from the skin may pull out occasional loose body hairs (but will not rip them out as if you were having a waxing).
* Staying still, particularly standing still, for the casting process can result in some people feeling light headed or faint. This is more likely if you have medical problems such as heart problems, circulation issues, diabetes, low blood sugar, low blood pressure, history of fainting, eating disorders or are pregnant. For this reason, we ask all our clients to notify us in advance of booking of any health condition which may affect your ability to stay still during the moulding stages without feeling unwell. We advise all pregnant clients to be cast sitting down, although will on occasion make exceptions to this rule IF a) the model has no history of fainting, blood circulation problems, blood pressure problems, gestational or other diabetes, or has a high risk pregnancy of any kind and b) if they have a partner to physically support them during the process and monitor their wellbeing throughout, and c) they follow all safety guidelines provided. We also insist that ALL our clients/models eat a hearty meal before coming for a casting session where they will be required to stand up (with no exceptions).
* Casting over piercings may result in the piercings getting caught in the casting gel and may be uncomfortable to de-mould. Therefore we ask for all piercings to be removed if possible. Where a piercing cannot be removed we will advise you of other options for your comfort and safety.
* The casting room floor can get slippery during the casting process. We ask all clients and their guests to please take extra care when moving around the casting area, particularly where there may be additional trip hazards.
* The casting studio is in a small shop with all the associated risks of being in any such building for example electric plug sockets, occasional trip hazards. We ask our clients to move carefully about the studio during their visit and to keep all children and pets under control.
All our clients and their guests acknowledge and accept the above safety information and associated risks, and to agree to comply with the content of any personalised safety briefing given either in advance of your casting or on the day of your casting as a fundamental term of our agreement to cast you or your children. Please feel free to discuss any health and safety concerns with us at any time. Your safety is the most important thing to us, closely followed by your comfort levels. We are always happy to explain every single stage of the process to you so that you understand fully what is involved in your casting experience.
Copyright and Intullectual Property
All copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on our website, (including that provided or transmitted by a third party or service, including but not limited to Google, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), in promotional materials, packaging, receipts and all other associated literature, belong to Olympia Casting Studio.
Olympia Casting Studio reserves all of it rights. Nothing in the terms grants you a right or licence to use any trademark, design right or copyright owned or controlled by us unless expressly provided in writing.